THE BEST NORTHERN IRELAND FAMILY PORTRAIT LOCATIONS.
Antrim Castle Gardens – These stunning, award-winning historical gardens make for one of the best family portrait locations in Northern Ireland. They are a trip back in time to 400 years ago. There is lots of scope for photographs here, with forest areas, a river, and a lough. The gardens also have a little café, are pram friendly, and there is free parking available, if your lucky you might see some squirrels and rabbits or ducks in the pond or fountain areas.
- The Dark Hedges and Estate – A location close to my home, the mystical beech trees, planted in the Eighteenth Century make for an amazing backdrop for some really original photographs in a setting that looks like it is right out of a fairytale. Then stroll across the road into the estate grounds. The Dark Hedges is a stunning, atmospheric walkway to explore and capture your portraits.
- Botanic Gardens, Belfast – This location, which is popular with locals & tourists alike, the grounds offer a wealth of opportunities for photographs. With rare plant species, the stunning Victorian restorations, impressive glasshouses, and exciting exhibitions, Belfast’s Botanic Gardens is a fantastic choice for family portraits or weddings alike!
- Galgorm Estate & Spa – This amazing luxury estate, complete with a river running through its lovely gardens, makes for a nice setting for family photos, and you can make a day of it and book a meal in the wonderful restaurant as well! May is particularly nice with the display of Bluebels & Rhododendrons in full bloom.
- Whiterocks Beach, Portrush – This very popular beach with my portrait clients especially for sunset portraits, situated along the Causeway coast just outside Portrush, it boasts stunning scenery with a white sandy beach White limestone rocks & topaz blue waters. The beach has easy access, parking, and toilet facilities, making it a perfect location for truly memorable family photos!
- Ballintoy Harbour – Another location close to my heart we spend time here as a family with our dogs walking & exploring. If you’re looking for a picturesque location with unusual landscape formations and a beach backdrop, Ballintoy Harbour provides just that! With little rock pools, a small harbour, and the setting for some of Game of Thrones’ best scenic shots, you’ll have some super special pictures to look back on for years to come. The walk towards white park bay is so amazing with the amazing Elephant rock and all the rabbits it is worth the walk!
- Downhill Strand and Mussenden Temple – Have you ever thought about having an iconic temple in the background of your photos whilst you take a stroll along the beach? Then look no further. This beautiful coastal landscape is a dream for anyone hoping to incorporate both history and nature into their family photos. Public toilets and parking are available, which is ideal, as there is plenty to discover and you may be there for longer than you think! The morning sun captures the temple best, so best to have your photos taken then.their family photos. Public toilets and parking are available, which is ideal, as there is plenty to discover and you may be there for longer than you think! The morning sun captures the temple best, so best to have your photos taken then.
Are you thinking about a family portrait in Northern Ireland?
Book your family portrait session now