A FEW OF MY FAVOURITE FAMILY PORTRAIT LOCATIONS
STRESS FREE FAMILY SESSIONS
Family is just the most special thing. In my own life, I want to celebrate that as often as I can. As a Dad to 3 awesome kids I understand how fast the time passes and just how precious the memories are. Since starting our family, documenting them develop and grow has become increasingly important. I never want to forget how they were!
I’d love to be able to do the same for you. My family sessions are super chilled and I’m there to document how you guys really are. You want amazing photos of your children being themselves, celebrating their spirit & character, not them all dressed in white and posing like strange child robots from the future!!! The families that come to me don’t want the stiff family portraits from years gone by, they want authentic, creative & honest images that are a true reflection of them as family. The sessions are quick & painless with a lot of fun along the way.
As I have the amazing north coast of Northern Ireland as a photogenic backdrop for family portraits, I believe we are truly blessed to live in such a wonderful location. I encourage you to pick a location for your portrait session that has a meaning to you, somewhere you visit regularly or enjoyed as a kid yourself. I know some of my best memories as a kid were out adventuring around our wonderful scenery.
One of my lifestyle portrait sessions is the perfect way to capture your family’s personality. I find that children tend to be more relaxed if they are occupied so we can include an activity in the shoot such as playing football, visiting a farm or museum. We get to see their true personalities, capture those amazingly natural moments and the connection between you’re family.
Here are Five of my personal favourite locations that I have made family portraits in recently:
- Antrim Castle- The grounds around the castle are amazing all year round, no matter the season they make my job easy when I know I dont have to worry so much about the background and can concentrate on having fun with a family in among some wonderful light, the only issue is colour balance because of the trees but that is straightforward to keep right in the camera.
- The White Rocks – What else can I say about the White Rocks beach other than it has to be one of our best beaches in the country. No matter the weather it look wonderful, I have shot portraits there in wet weather and at sunset and they always look amazing.
- Portglenone Forest – One of the nicest forests in the UK for photographs, weather in spring with the bluebells or autumn for the autumnal colour its a great place to go with a family on an adventure.
- Ballintoy – It is our go to place as a family, we visit it more than any other location in the country. the choice of scenery is outstanding, with a (not so) secret beach, the harbour and the rugged rocky coastline that goes all the way to Whitepark Bay. There are so many photographic backdrops that it can be hard to settle on just one or two.
- Ballycastle Beach – another beach location but again there is so much to choose from , a sandy beach, a stoney beach, the dunes along the golf club, pans rock the list goes on. Again wonderful in all weathers and seasons.
Are you thinking about a family portrait?
Book your family portrait session now